Friday, December 29, 2017

The New Bohemians Handbook - Come Home To Good Vibes

 
 
I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I came across The Jungalow's Instagram page and Jungalow - A Bohemian Lifestyle blog recently. I just couldn't stop looking! I was excited to find photos (see below) of all the things that make my heart sing:
 
Plants - succulents, cacti and flowers✓
Books, books, books ✓
Bright colour in abundance✓
Textures and patterns✓
Crystals and rocks✓
String instruments ✓
Latin American blankets ✓
Aztec rugs ✓
Colourful cushions ✓
Bamboo baskets ✓
Hammocks ✓
White and wooden furniture✓
Light and airy atmosphere ✓
Hand- painted wood ✓
Watercolour and ink artwork✓
Painted pots, plates, mu and bowls ✓
Beautiful bedspreads ✓
 
In our home is a collection of all of the above!
 
 






  
Then I saw that the blog's founder Justina Blakenely had written a (second) book, and I just had to get my hands on a copy! With lots of vibrant photos of creatively decorated homes, it was lovely to look through. There is also loads of fun and practical design advice on how to make your home your 'spirit environment.'
 
My favourite piece of advice from Justina is 'De-clutter like a minimalist, decorate like a maximist.'
 
 

This beautiful leather ottoman (or 'the potato' as we like to call it) is the newest addition to our home... and surprise surprise, it's from ISHKA!

'Available in a range of vibrant colours to compliment any boho-chic abode, our stunning collection of genuine Moroccan leather ottomans come direct from the leather works of Marrakech. Handmade by skilled Moroccan artisans, these parachute-style ottomans feature a decorative central panel hand-embroidered with silk thread. Centuries-old techniques for curing and tanning leather were used to craft these stylish and comfortable ottomans that are sure to bring the magic of Morocco into the home for years to come!'

No comments:

Post a Comment