Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mexican Sand Art Terrarium


This was a fun little project!

I wanted to make my own terrarium, seeing as the craze has taken off again big time recently. But I wanted to make one with a twist, so I blended the idea of sand art and a terrarium together, and the idea came to me like a lightbulb moment to put a mini sombrero on top of the cacti, to add a little Mexican character!

Colouring sand is super easy, all you need is food colouring. Put as much sand as you want in a shallow baking tray and add the food colouring, then mix it with a fork and leave to dry. No need to add water to the mix (tried this and then realised it was an unnecessary step that just made it harder to retain the colour).

I already have some more sand art ideas floating around in my head, watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment