Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Space, My Escape

 
For the past year I have been lucky enough to call this place my space, my escape. With a walk-in wardrobe, ensuite, balcony and large window with a gorgeous view, I really felt I'd hit the jackpot when I found this Master Bedroom for rent.
 

Note: I usually have an artists bedroom (aka messy), so don't feel bad if yours doesn't look like this!

Soon though I will be packing up and going overseas for 3 months, therefore leaving this place behind. Before then I wanted to capture it at its best; afternoon sun pouring through the large windows, inviting me for a nap on my colourful bedspread.

I recently picked up The Art Of Travel by Alain de Botton, given to my boyfriend by my brother for Christmas. I opened the book to a random page and read this paragraph only:

'At the end of hours of train-dreaming, we may feel we have been returned to ourselves - that is, brought back into contact with emotions and ideas of importance to us. It is not necessarily at home that we best encounter our true selves. The furniture insists that we cannot change because it does not; the domestic setting keeps us tethered to the person we are in ordinary life, but who may not be who we essentially are.'

I then closed the book. I felt it unnecessary to continue reading at that point, content in the power these words had given me.


So as much as I love this bedroom, and as hard as it will be to leave, I know it will be worth the adventures that lie ahead.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment