Sunday, January 10, 2016

Bon Appétit! Let's Eat!

 
About a year ago I started collecting recipes in this folder, because I'm a disgustingly organised individual and it brings me joy to see my favourites all neatly in their colour coded sections.
 

I'm no Nigella Lawson, it has been established. But after a few years living out of home I have finally realised that it's worth putting in that little extra effort to make your meals actually enjoyable to eat, not just to make sure you are eating. Frozen fish sure can get old, as I've discovered. It's been found that on average, most households rotate 9 meals for dinner. In my search for better taste, I've found at least that many!

So here are some of the yummy, simple dishes I've tried, tested and loved so far:

- Spicy Pork Mince & Coriander Noodles.
- Lamb Cutlets with Sweet Potato and Potato Bake
- Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto with Zucchini Slice
- Super Tasty Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Roast Vegetable Couscous with Moroccan Lamb 

- Chorizo and Zucchini Quesadillas
- Chicken, Pesto, Mushroom and Spinach Pizzas
- Tuna Mornay
- Mushroom Beef Stroganoff

- BBQ Chicken Bruschetta with Spinach, Tomato, Danish Feta Cheese and Basil
- Feta, Cucumber, Cherry Tomato, Lettuce, Coriander and BBQ Chicken Salad
- Feta, Spinach, Semi Dried Tomatoes and Sweet Potato and BBQ Chicken Salad
- Marinated Haloumi Cheese and Chorizo Open Sandwiches on Sourdough Bread

- Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon


- No Bake Reese's Cheesecake
- Pikelets with Whipped Cream and Blueberries 

- Milk Rice Pudding with Raspberries (pictured)


 For Christmas treats I made:
- Chocolate Nut Bark (see below for the recipe!)


Em's Chocolate Nut Bark
 
Ingredients:

Large handful of nuts of your preference (I used pistachios, macadamias, cashews and almonds)
1 bar of cooking chocolate


Method:


1.      Break up chocolate bar into squares and place in heatproof bowl.

2.      Melt in microwave using 30 second stints. Stir if necessary.

3.      Pour melted chocolate into shallow medium sized tray lined with baking paper, tilting to cover whole tray.

4.      Sprinkle nuts (whole or cut in half) over chocolate.

5.      Set by refrigerating for 20-30 minutes.

6.      Cut into squares or leave as chocolate bar. 

For a layered effect, repeat steps 1-4 using dark, white and then milk chocolate. 

 


 
  
The next recipe I'm keen to try is Jamie Oliver's Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins!  

Hungry for more? Want one of the recipes sent straight to your inbox? Email me at em-davidson@mail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment