Friday, September 27, 2019

Blind Contour Drawing: 'Leaf' by Emily

Blind contour drawing is a drawing exercise, where an artist draws the contour of a subject without looking at the subject. Recently I tried this technique at a Nature Art Journalling class held by the Nature Art Lab recently at Floriade, and loved it!

It felt so freeing to not be looking at what I was creating, until I had actually finished creating it. The resulting drawing is quite abstract, and although simple, there is something I really like about it. I think it's because I know would never have drawn the leaf like this if I was looking at the paper while drawing it. I recommend giving it a try and seeing what happens! You don't have to do it for long - this was only a one minute drawing!



No comments:

Post a Comment