Sunday, November 4, 2018

A Present Under The Tree

 
Don't feel sorry for me
When it's Fathers Day
I'll have letters from him
Until I'm old and grey
 
Don't feel sorry for me
When I reach for his hand
Because he'll always be with me
Through the lines in the sand
 
Don't feel sorry for me
On my wedding day
When it's time to dance
For he taught me the waltz
When he had the chance
 
Don't feel sorry for me
That he's no longer here
What if his place in the world
Is now for someone else dear
 
Don't feel sorry for me
For I have not lost
If you knew my Daddy
You know what I've got
 
I've still got his songs
His voice in my head
Saying carry me with you
In this journey ahead
 
I'll carry him always
Like the clothes that I wear
Every day in my thoughts
This, I swear
 
He left me a present
Under the Christmas tree
A little baby sister
A sister for me
 
A sister to love
And a sister to hold
To hold hands with
When we cross the road
 
Thank you Daddy
For our present under the tree
I know you'll always
Be smiling with me
 
 

Written through the eyes of a 5yr old girl who's Daddy was an amazing musician, gave
the best cuddles, told the worst jokes, had the biggest heart imaginable and also had Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment